Additional Fees

Rented a card for the weekend in DFW, TX at Dollar through Expedia in March 2017 for a family wedding. Two days rental was $47.29.

We were told before we got there to ask the service rep about routes to take that were not toll roads, which we did so in front of witnesses. Apparently he mis-understood the simple question, or he intentionally chose to send us on toll roads. Note, that the toll roads in TX have no booths, and lack any information about how to pay the toll or even when the toll starts or stops. Two weeks after we returned home we received the form letter in the mail notifying us we owed Dollar $14.40 in tolls, and that, “on our behalf”, they paid the tolls, but were charging us $90.00 in administrative fees “as provided for the rental agreement”.

In reviewing other complaints after the fact, it is apparent this scam is not limited to TX. If you rent from Dollar, don’t be surprised when you get the real bill in the mail, especially when you ask their reps for help, something a reasonable person would do.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Toll Road Scam.

I didn't like: Over charging for fees and misleading infromation from rep.

• Dollar Car Rental Toll Road Scam

Comments

#1501927

We rented a car in Sanford, Fl for ten days. I did not do much driving, but when I did I paid cash at every toll booth we came through.

Now almost a month later I get a bill from Dollar Rentacar for 22.98 for a 3.00 toll plus 19.98 "Administrative Fee". The notice says if you wish to dispute, please furnish your receipt of payment as proof of payment. EVERYBODY WHO RECEIVES OR KEEPS A TOLL RECEIPT PLEASE RAISE YOUR HAND.

I agree with the posting....DOLLARRENT A CAR HAS A REAL MONEY MAKER SCAM GOING FOR THEM. AMEN.