Customer service was deceitful and complaints to management were uneventful. When attempting to get things straightened out with the management at the Indianapolis Airport, they did not make any effort to investigate the deceitful sales tactics of their employee, instead Linda, the general manager, communicated to me that I was in the wrong and her representative was right. Therefore, she did not work with me to come up with a compromise to the problem. To me this in NO WAY lives up to the idea of customer care and consideration.

As a new customer to how car rentals work (never rented a car before in my life) and insurance plans, I put full trust in the customer representative, Mike Williams. I clearly stated nothing extra. He continued on with the transaction knowing very well that I was being charged extra. It was my mistake for not reading closely to what I was signing or paying attention to the price difference. He sped through the process without informing me in detail the insurance coverage. To add to to the deceitful salesmanship, I asked if it would be any extra money to add an additional driver. He said no it would not. With astonishment, I repeated "Seriously, it would not be any extra money to add a driver!" I specifically remember restating what he told me because I thought it would be extra money and I was excited that it would not. Later I found out that it was extra money. He gave me false information.

When I took my complaint to the corporate headquarters I spoke with Emily and she was very apologetic, listened to my problems, and was very explanatory regarding how the insurance purchase works when renting a car. I felt as though she was empathetic and did everything she could to help me out. Unfortunately, since the Indianapolis Airport Dollar Car Rental is independently owned, she could not do much to help with either a reimbursement or free rental the next time (although I would not want a car from them again anyway).

I did not conduct research on the company before purchasing this rental through Expedia. I see now that their rating is extremely low on customer service and a variety of other things. I will now add to the common feedback!

I will NEVER rent from Dollar Car Rental again and I would highly recommend that you choose another company to patronize.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1111238

Linda is horrible an don't listens

investigativeguy
San Diego, California, United States #608464

Yes yet another consumer billed for insurance after they declined all extras. if you fell victim ,tell us your story e mail us at investigativeguy@gmail.com

We investigate.