2.2
Additional Fees
Additional Services

To whom it may concern: I’m writing to you about my experience at the Dollar Rental Car location at Tampa Airport on 3/21/2017 at 11:00PM.Prior making a reservation with your company, my son informed me to book a Car Rental with Dollar as he frequently travels and found your service to prove Excellent of Enterprise and Hertz.

My son made a reservation through the Dollar website and received confirmation that a rental would be available on 3/21/2017 at 11:00pm. I, myself typical book my reservations through Enterprise and Alamo when traveling on business and never even heard of Dollar Rental prior to receiving my rental. The reason for my travel is for my daughter being in the ICU at a local hospital due to serious health concern and now she’s passed away . Here’s the situation that took place at the Dollar location inside the Tampa Airport, in detail: My Southwest flight landed, bag pick-up was around 10:20PM and I headed to the Dollar counter.

I waited for 20 minutes prior to being greeted, when it was my turn your agent informed me they didn’t have any rental cars available. I explained to the agent that I have a reservation and showed the print out. Your agent informed me to wait about 10 minutes and one would become available. 30 minutes went by and you agent came back informing me about no rental again being available.

At this point there was a line of customers behind me which started to get out of the line and I witnessed them going to the other Rental Car kiosks of your competitors. More time went by and finally your agent explained to be me that Dollar didn’t have any rentals available and then grabbed a rental from Hertz. Your agent informed me to reach out to your Rental Manager Heather and provide this information to her. I was informed to contact a Manager by the name of Heather.

I have attempted several times to reach her at the Dollar Rental Car at Tampa Airport. I have still yet to receive a phone call back. As a Doctor, I have many patients that ask for recommendations for shoes brands I wear to automobiles I drive. In this situation of the rental car not being available and my frustration, I can definite someone not to use Dollar Rental Car Company.

On 3/26/2017, I contacted 866-434-226 spoke to a woman, informed her to extended rental to April 4, 2017 and she told me there is a $10 rental contact change fee associated. I explained to her that when I originally picked up the rental from Dollar Rental Car at Tampa TPA Airport that I asked the Representative at the counter if a fee would be associated due to changing rental since this was a medical emergency since my daughter was in the ICU at the local hospital. The Representative informed there shouldn’t be anything to worry about. Yesterday 3/28/2017, I called the 866# spoke to a women, informed her I needed to drop the rental at the Fort Myers, FL - Southwest Airport RSW due to a flight change pertaining to a family health situation.

I confirmed with this woman a change fee wouldn't apply and she would authorize the rental drop to this location with no additional charges owed. Today, I called the 866# spoke to a man, I wanted confirm that I was scheduling my flight through Fort Myers, FL - Southwest Airport RSW and that airport will be accepting rental due to being picked up from the Tampa TPA Airport. I was told yes, you're authorized to drop rental and there will be a $10 rental contact change fee and there would be a different rate for the rental since Fort Myers, FL: Southwest Airport costs more. This man informed me an additional cost and would total $482 and change which included two rental agreement change fees.

It sure the *** seems like Dollar Rental Car Company is in the business to deceive its customers. My concern is that Dollar Rental Company didn’t explain anything of these additional changes to me when I asked the Representative specifically about possible changes and now I’m getting charged on the back end. It’s such a shame this is happened.

In closing, I’m seeking some form of compensation for the lack of your Company’s service and now deceiving me.I should have never acquired a rental from Dollar Rental Car and paid more to go with a more reputable company like Enterprise.

Review about: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental Booking.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Being deceived and not being told of fees, Additional charges.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments