Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Charged twice for initial reservation and new reservation after verifying we are only being charge with new the reservation.No transparency.

When we picked up rental car with Dollar at the Kahului, HI airport we requested an upgrade and asked how much it will be. We were told that we would be given a discount if we wanted an upgrade that was not much higher than our initial reservation. We agreed to the upgrade knowing that the initial reservation was canceled. When we returned the car on 3/30/2017 we were given a receipt of $150.64.

After we checked out credit charges, CARHIRE charged us $139.62 and we had no idea who this entity was. Internet searched showed that Dollar and Hertz were the same company so I called Hertz. Danny, was the customer service rep. who verified that the charges were correct but the desk sales person should have clarified it was an "additional" to the initial charge; but he would be happy to discount half the charges.

I declined due to the transparency were lacking and that we would like to receive full refund.

I wrote to the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs regarding this incident.I would also write to the State Attorney General for Hawaii where this happened and Oklahoma where Dollar is headquartered.

Review about: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental.

I didn't like: Deceptive charges.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments