1/ I had booked a Dodge Charger.I had one in February from Herz and i wanten one from May 2 to May 9 2012.

Dollar had the lowest price for a Dodge Charger (or similar). When picking up the car they gave me a Chevrolet Impala because "all the Chargers were rented". Well, in the first place when I rent a car and pay for it in advance i expect that car to be waiting for me to pick it up. In the second place, there has to be a good chance that you get the car that you have booked.

This was however impossible at Dollar though BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE DODGE CHARGERS AT ALL!!! My problem is that i could have rented an Impala cheaper at other rental companies but paid more for a Charger from Dollar!! SCAM NUMBER 1 !!

2/ I always return the car with a full tank of gas without any problem. As the voucher of Auto-Europe (another scam artist!) mentioned the obligation to pay for a full tank upon pickup, i asked Dollar whether i could return the car with a full tank.

This was confirmed by TWO dollar employees!! STILL i was charged $94 for a full tank of gas (ripoff rate) of which they know there always will be some (a lot!) left in the tank upon return!

SCAM NUMBER 2!!!

3/ Not the least disturbing was the fact that my stress because of all this, after 11 hours of travelling with another 2 hours ahead, was considered to be very amusing by the Dollar employees, the manager included!What a nightmare ; this car rental company operated by clowns and imbeciles without any respect for their customers, would be put out of business tomorrow if i had my way!

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

Monroe, Louisiana, United States #636476

you dont pay for your rez online.....ive worked at Dollar for 5 years.you put a CC in the system to reserve your car, not pay for it.

rental companies CAN'T charge you before you return the car, just in case something happens(i.e extra charges). ALL vehicles say "or similar", car rental companies cannot guarantee ANY MAKE/MODEL, ETC., its just not possible. dont let one branch of a company ruin your experience with Dollar. it does suck that there are not-so-ethical people out there.

the Dollar i work for never adds charges that were not authorized by the renter.

thats what the signatures and contract disclosure are for.good luck in the future!

I rented a car in Manhattan I had booked a Dodge Caliber.Dollar had the lowest price for a Dodge Caliber (or similar)!.

When picking up the car they gave me a Ford Fiesta. On arrival at Dollar,they admit that they dont have Calibers. Well, in the first place when I rent a car and pay for it in advance i expect that car to be waiting for me to pick it up!. In the second place, there has to be a good chance that you get the car that you have booked,.

This was however impossible at Dollar though BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE DODGE CALIBERS AT ALL!!!

We had to travel 1722 miles with 3 adults and luggage with a Ford Fiesta...