I rented a car on 4/10 from the Orlando airport to rush to family member's bedside to say goodbye. I was in a state of distress and got the car and drove 2 hours to the hospital with my 3 kids as soon as I could.

I dropped the car off on 4/12 and did not refill the tank because I had got the refueling option. After checking my credit card, they charged me $9.99/gallon for a total of $156.59 for a refueling charge. I called to ask for the fee to be reversed and the lady on the phone, basically told me that I told the persona at the counter that I did NOT want the refueling option. She refused to reverse the charge, because it was stated clearing on the first page of the contract.

I explained that if I thought I did not have the refueling option, why would I drop the car off without filling it up. She kept saying " I apologize, but you signed the contract where it is "clearly" stated.

I will NEVER use Dollar to rent a car again!! The only thing I declined was the insurance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Refueling charge and lack of understanding about my situation.

I didn't like: The, Customer service i received from the 800 number.

Comments