Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I rented the car through Travelocity for six days (midsize) for a total of $168.Charged to my debit promptly.

When I picked up the car I made it clear that I didn't want additional insurance since I have that benefit for full coverage on my license. I declined any and they said they'd have to put a $280 additional charge while I had the car and it would be reimbursed. The woman spoke with an accent so I had a bit of a hard time understanding everything, but made it clear that I didn't want extras. I signed where she told me and off I went.

When I returned the car the guy at the intake garage printed off a piece of paper that read $243 charge (Atlanta airport). I was under the impression that they'd charge my card for the difference of the $168 I already paid and the $243 on the receipt. Nope, they charged the $243 two days later it showed up on my account. On the same receipt it showed everything I declined, but the really expensive insurance I supposedly accepted.

When I called I was told that I had signed an agreement and there was nothing I could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and of course was told that wasn't an option since they have a signed agreement. I asked for an email copy of said agreement and I couldn't really understand her very well either. Talked fast and low.

It sounds like this is the standard operating procedure.

Why would I rent a car for six days and pay a grand total of $411.My airfare was only $300!

Review about: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Insurance bait and switch.