I would like to advise all that when I went to pick up my rental car from Dollar Car Rentals at JFK airport the person on the counter (named Onica) told me that I was obliged to pay for a full tank of petrol in addition to the cost of the car rental that had already been arranged with Expedia as this was part of the "terms and conditions" of the package I had booked with Expedia.I told the staff member that at no time had Expedia advised me that I would be obliged to purchase optional extras at the moment of car collection.

The staff member was both dismissive and patronising and insisted that I had to purchase the extra fuel option. Only after getting visibly annoyed and angry with her did she finally oblige and allow me to take the car without the "optional extra".This is clearly a deliberate trick that this individual/this branch plays on customers. They suggest that the Expedia terms and conditions state that one is obliged to purchase a full tank of fuel when this is not the case. If one queries it they say "well you need to take it up with Expedia, your agreement is with Expedia not us" and leave one standing there, car-less.

Not a nice start to a holiday. It was clearly a dishonest and deliberate ploy to force clients to purchase extras from them whilst suggesting that it is Expedia's fault for not advising the client that extras are obligatory. I will never go near Dollar again.... The staff members name was "Onica", collection point was JFK airport in April 2013.

Beware!

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments