Columbiana, Alabama

I have never seen a sales person use fear tactics to upsale people like Dollar Rental Car.They not only tried (relentlesssly) to scare me into buying into their rip off extras but then used micro language in the aggreement to charge my card an additional $25.00.

Run from these crooks! Someone please seize the opportunity to form a class action and please contact me!We purchased our rental through Expedia.

We will never use them again regardless of how they compare price wise to competitors.Aviod this company at all cost!They will find a way to rip you off!

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

A word of caution to everyone, who intends to rent Dollar/Thrifty cars in Germany.Dollar/Thrifty uses a licensee in Germany with very dubious, misleading, deceptive and fraudulent business practices.

When you order the car on the Dollar or Thrifty website, you will receive the usual confirmation, which breaks down the rental cost in its subcomponents such as airport fees, VAT, road tax etc. Nothing was mentioned of a mandatory insurance premium of €20 ($28) per day. For every car I ever rented anywhere in the world, the credit card always covered the insurance premium. The AMEX Gold card specifically mentioned this coverage.

It was the counter agent at the airport, who insisted on another €400.- ($560.-) insurance premium. It is highly immoral to spring this surprise on customers who just arrived on a sleepless trans-Atlantic overnight flight. This made the car the most expensive car I ever rented.

In addition, the car had no air conditioning and when I started phoning the agency on the 0700 number supplied on the rental agreement, I was constantly put on hold and transferred to other agents and found out later, why. The 0700 is not toll free number, but costs appr €1.- ($1.35) per minute, an attractive side income for the agency.

Should you be in the unfortunate position to have to call the agency for help, use their German direct dial number 0203-348-5422. It will...

I drove around in an oven for 3 weeks with temperatures of over 30C (85F).It later turned out that the connecting hoses for the A/C on this brand-new car were missing.