Dollar Rent A Car (complaint) â€“ Daylight Robbery
Just to make it clear, we made our car rental reservation through a third party company called Booking Group (known as bookinggroup.com or economybookings.com). When troubles started Dollar blamed everything on the third party company. I'm not buying it…
Dollar robbed us 3 times:
1. According to the voucher we were holding the balance was EUR 127: "â‚¬ 127.03 is payable to Dollar on your arrival".
(Approximately $190 at that time)
Dollar charged us $250. After an 11 hours flight it was not easy to argue...what could we do?
Dollar response: "Our records indicate your reservation was booked as $250 in our system for the rental charges, which is what you were charged. Since the Euro amount was quoted to you by the third party company, and they booked the reservation in our system as $250, we must ask you pursue this matter further with the third party."
2. According to the voucher the drop-off location was Manhattan (no fee mentioned):
"Drop-off location: USA New York, Manhattan, Manhattan Downtown"
Dollar charged us with an extra $50, which was a Drop-off fee for returning the car to a different location than the original.
Dollar response: "Since our records indicate this vehicle was reserved with Dollar to return to JFK, we must conclude the third party booked with us incorrectly"
3. Dollar did not explain that the prepaid fuel plan is just an option; we understood that we have to take it.
Dollar response: "It appears you accepted prepaid fuel upon pickup. This was $34.29."
My recommendation: Don't book Dollar Rent-A-Car; Don't do business with Booking Group.
Shahar Galili (on behalf of my wife and sister-in-law)
Bookinggroup ref 38026580 / Dollar ref S3869742 / Dollar Case ID 1337704
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Car Rental Reservation
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "My luminox watch stops, but after the correct time is set again, it runs for a while until this happens again. The date stuffs up. I have sent it..."
- "I booked 7 days at the hotel. I got bed bug bites my first night. They switched me to another room. After I showed them the pictures two days later..."
- "I can't believe I got sucked into purchasing this product. Don't believe a thing the company says. They lie and lie through their teeth. For proof, I have attached product photos..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."