While at the rental counter I told the agent that my wife would not be driving the car and he said he understood.He even made a joke of me being her chauffeur.

She was away from the counter watching our luggage, ask her to step over and sign that it was a formality. After leaving the airport we figured that we had been dupted. He charged her as an extra driver. I called right away (within an hour) the agent stated we'd have to come back to the airport.

What a blatant was to pad a bill.

Never rent from "DOLLAR RENT A CAR"

Review about: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

Nothing horrendous, but I would not use again.I feel the Providence RI (TF Green Airport) location duped us into upgrading for more money alluding we'd love what we got.

It wasn't anything special. Furthermore the car had many more scratches and paint chips than noted on the duplex disclosure form, not discernible in the dimness of the airport parking structure that was the pick-up point. Tried to call the counter multiple times to talk about all the scratches because we didn't want to be blamed. Every time, it just rang and rang.

Once it went direct to a FAX tone. Nationwide customer assistance was not operating on Labor Day.

Tuesday next day, the nationwide line said I would have to talk to the local counter, which of course continued to be non-answering.Never again.