Resolved
Additional Fees

Beware on any prepay with this company SCAM SCAM!

Wish they had a ZERO star option...The Company runs A SCAM

BEWARE people BEWARE!

Booking # US388005020

CarTrawler Ref# 00325962

Pre-paid for a rental car in August, used our Debit/Visa Credit Bank Card and they of course had NO PROBLEM accepting and taking the payment out. So car is paid for and only due is airport taxes and sales tax.

Of course when you get to the airport, they tell us they WILL NOT accept this card, has to be a credit card, no Bank Cards....We have plenty of money in the account, we even have a total of 6 bank accounts all with Cards for them, NEVER a problem with any of these Cards, like most every other american has and uses daily. BUT they will not accept them and would not refund the prepaid amount. Inform us will not give us the car and that we have to file a complaint for a refund.

So file the complaint, give them all the proof they ask for with 24 hours of their email, including proof we have HAD AT THAT TIME and STILL have plenty of cash in that account.

5 WEEKS GO BY, NO answer back. Call in yesterday, they can;t give us an answer, but will send an email this week.

WHAT ELSE but we get this morning an email saying we WILL NOT be refunded as we did not have a card that they accept....WHAT, YOU MEAN THE CARD YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM TAKING MONEY FOR PREPAY, has plenty of money in BUT WILL NOT COMPLETE THE DEAL to get the rented car that day or WILL NOT GIVE OUR MONEY BACK!

POOR customer service. people there are many other trusting car companies out there, DON'T USE this one!

Dollar Rental Car IS A SCAM!

Douglas and Bobbie Lautenschlager

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental.

I didn't like: Took prepayment but did not give car, Plays tricks and never refunds, Do not trust their prepay for a car tricks, Lie about refunds.

Comments

I just had the exact same experience!!!!! Pre-paid with credit card issued by Green dot.

A valid major credit card. I fly over 1200 miles into the Dallas Love Field Airport and take the shuttle to pick up my care. The clerk pulls up my confirmation and when I present my card, tells me they can't accept my credit card! Nor can they accept my debit card, which I used to pre-pay for my six day rental!

I would of been stranded at the airport, in the rain, 100 miles from my destination. The clerk was emotionless and suggested I try a different car rental company even though I PRE-PAID! I incurred an additional almost $300 having to book through another company. When I called for a refund, I had to call a different department and was told that a ticket was being opened and the 'higher ups' would have to determine if I would be refunded.

I did nothing wrong! But lost money big time!!!!!!

to N C #1444923

Don't give up on trying.., because that is what they bank on, you just accepting the loss! If they refuse to refund, file a complaint to the BBB that is in that area you tried renting the car from.BBB will open a case for you for free, most likely they will refund when the BBB gets involved!...They KNOW they are playing tricks with fine print, BUT even worse is they accept and take your $$$$$ for the pre-pay, then leave you hanging! Would be alot different if they said NO to renting and give your $$$ back...SCAM!Good Luck!

Hinesville, Georgia, United States #1265992

OMG.....We are going through the same thing right now! They have been giving us the run around for a week now.

Still waiting on someone to call us back. They took our pre-payment from our debit card in a heart beat. Told us about just picking up the car at the airport and paying the taxes. NEVER TOLD US WE NEEDED A CREDIT CARD TO PICK UP AND NOT A DEBIT.

We get to JFK Christmas Eve and we're left stranded with no car. All other rentals were booked. I've been in the customer service business for +30 yrs and this has been the worst. I'm going to continue to fight this because they never gave us the service we paid for.

Waiting to hear back from them.

If not will file a complaint with BBB. Scammers!

Dollardoug
to Anonymous Columbus, Ohio, United States #1265999

They dragged it out on us and you could tell they NEVER planned on refunding or looking into the situation. All the calls & emails lead nowhere... YES, filing with the BBB is what it took to get refund, Thank You BBB!..Good Luck!

to Dollardoug Hinesville, Georgia, United States #1266146

Thank You! That's exactly what I'm doing.