I went to rent a car for a week and i completely wasted my time going there.I went to the airport where there was a lady behind the counter who clearly didn't want to go to work this morning.

her attitude was rude, cold and and down right horrible. I guess she wanted to get to the club before free before eleven because it was close to 12 and all she wanted to do was run out the door. she was no help and ran my credit card without telling me for 430.00 dollars. told be to comeback in 20min then ran out of there.

when the next clueless guy came into work they ran my card again which declined the purchase because it was ran twice... i called my bank and they said i already rented a car ( which i didn't, no keys no agreement) . i came back and spoke to another clueless manage of the store and all he did was acknowledge the miss take and said that she has been a great employee for six years. that's it.

and he was no help in fixing their mistake. after going back for almost an hour with no solution. i went over to the next counter to budget rental and got a better car. cheaper because they only hold the amount not a 15% increase like dollar does and the man behind the counter was great.

if you ever fly into Tampa airport stay away from dollar rental...and go over to budget or anything.

Review about: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

The 15% or whatever was news to me, too.The amount that appeared on my bank's website was a lot larger than the amount I signed for at the airport.

I've called Dollar twice and left messages for clarification ("Your call is important to us," LOL). Of course they haven't called back.

About the best I can do is be very firm with them when I return the car -- and then blow it all over Facebook as far and long as I can.They are devious and all potential customers should know about it.