While renting a vehicle last summer in Vancouver, the Dollar Thrifty counter rep discouraged my wife from checking the vehicle for prior damage, and encouraged her to sign the damage sheet reflecting no prior damage.

When we returned the vehicle prior damage was discovered which we were forced to pay several hundred dollars for.

Moreover when returning the vehicle we overheard another Dollar-Thrifty employee advising a different customer not to check the vehicle which suggests a pattern!

Is this co-incidence or standard practice...you decide!I know that we will not rent from them again and encourage folks to be aware!!!

Review about: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

I got falsely accused of damage by Dollar as well. I put together a website at www.dollarnightmare.com

Dollar Rent A Car - Obscene "Cleaning Charge" Dollar Rent A Car "Rented a car from LGA Dollar Rent A Car facility (LaGuardia in New York). Rental contract mentions NOTHING about any special animal cleaning services required. In fact only mention of..." Read more Dollar rent a car lied to me charged insurances fees Dollar Rent A Car "Confirmation number: L6390697 Rental record: 8Z4606545 Even after I said that I DON´T WANT the clerk included UMP and SLI fees. She lied to me telling me that I would´t be charged for..." Read more Enterprise Rent A Car - ENTERPRISE FALSE HAIL DAMAGE CLAIMS Enterprise Rent A Car "In May of 2014, through the recommendation of my insurance co., I rented a car from Enterprise while my car was being repaired. When I picked up the vehicle,..." Read more 17 year old minor Scammed of $1601.87 by Rent A Wheel Rent A Wheel "First off i'm a 17 year old guy. I have a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT and needed tires badly, I have a friend who referred me to "Rent a Wheel"..." Read more Wallypark - Parking Wallypark "Never book with them I went on a trip on 9/28/2017 I got to the one in Illinois and upon arrival the ladies tell us that there website is down..." Read more Yankee Candle - Will not honor their coupon Yankee Candle "I recently saw a coupon that said 10 dollars off 10, 50 dollars off 50 and said can be used in stores or this promo code online but not at..." Read more Penn Vet - New Bolton Center Euthanized Our Pet without Our Okay! Penn Vet "We are shocked and in disbelief by what we experienced at New Bolton Center. They euthanized our family pet without our permission, and now they’re harassing our family for charges..." Read more Comcast - Insanity Comcast "I have decided that I am going to review this issue as long as this crap continues! As previously mentioned still no service or communication from Comcast about when they..." Read more