2.2
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

We were scammed by Dollar Rent-a-Car in Tampa FL in March of 2017.We paid $155 down on a compact car rental.

We only owed $105 more upon arrival flying into Tampa from Pennsylvania. The girl at the Dollar/Thrifty/Hertz desk at Tampa offered us every possible up charge under the sun which we declined. I told her we had damage protection thru our car insurance policy and declined the damage protection. She illegally added the $29.49 per day to our credit card bill without our knowledge.

We didn't know Dollar Rent-a-Car defrauded us until a month later when the credit card bill came and we were overcharged by $235.92. Dollar refused to give us a refund. We contacted BBB, this is a known scam. We got no cooperation from Dollar.

When you sign electronically you have signed a bunch of fine print and they have girls adding charges, getting paid commissions, and they have your signature because you have to use a credit card.We had $235.92 stolen from us by Dollar/Thrifty/Hertz and they refused to refund the money even when we confronted them.

Review about: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Charged for insurance I clearly declined to accept.

I liked: Very nice toyota vehicle, Nice car.

I didn't like: Payed more than agreed, Failure to honor rate, Deceptive charges.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

Unfortunately, there are unscrupulous rental agents that make them all look bad.I wasn't there, so I can't take sides.

Signatures always take precedence over verbal. The managers weren't there, so they have to go with that.

All you can do is try to reverse the charges with your credit card company.

Also file a formal complaint, naming the actual agent, with their corporate office.If enough of that is done, and they see a trend with a particular agent, they should take action.

The problem with your situation is that the scam works both ways.