1.2
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality
Poster increased review rating.

I rented a car from DFW in March of 2017, I was not told at the counter that if I did not purchase the $12.99 a day toll tag thru them, that I would be charged the toll fee as well as an additional $15 each use fee.I did not purchase the toll thinking that I would just be billed for the toll only, this was not the case.

I received a charge on my credit card for $107. I was not notified of the charges prior, they just showed up on my account. Then while I was in town, the rental car was involved in a hail storm that passed thru N. Texas.

I returned the car at DFW, where there was no one there to inspect the vehicle. I had already called the day of the storm to notify them of what had happened, I was told that it will be in the system when I return the car. Upon the return, I had to deal with an unhappy employee who obviously didn't like her job, accused me of taking the car out of state based on the miles, only to find out it was because she wrote them down wrong. She was rude the entire process and NEVER brought up the claim for the hail damage.

I left thinking I would at least hear back from someone else regarding the claim, this did not happen until 4 MONTHS LATER and I wasn't even notified by HERTZ, I received an email from my insurance company saying a claim had been paid. Apparently, it seems that it is HERTZ's policy to not communicate with their customers as well as their practice to hire employees who do no communicate as well.

This is by far the worst ever experience I have had renting a car and I have been doing so for 20 years.Needless to say, I will never use Hertz or any of it affiliated companies due to their lack of customer service and the need to rip off their customers.

Review about: Toll.

I didn't like: Deceptive charges, Staff, Cost.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

The toll procedure is normal.Name 1 rental car company that doesn't charge processing fees.

If you've been renting for 20 years, you should know.

And you should know that if there's any damage, an incident report should be filled out at time of return. If you don't get the right service from the check-in agent, you need to go inside and speak to the counter/supervisor. Be you should know this since you've been renting for 20 years.

You knew the damage claim was forthcoming.

It should not have surprised you.You are 50% at fault for the "surprise".

How it is you are claiming $4,000, if your insurance paid the claim?

You have no case with both the toll and the damage issues.

to Boss #1379254

I've never been charged an outrageous amount for tolls.Other agencies bill you for the toll at the higher rate, not at the higher rate plus admin fee.

The point of the complaint was the horrible customer service.I notified the agency immediately after the damage but nothing was done or said until 4 months later, again poor customer service on their part.