I would like to register a HUGE COMPLAINT.I dropped off a vehicle at the Cleveland Hopkins Airport location 12/13/15.

Unfortunately I left a very important notebook and portfolio in my Kia. I immediately filed a lost item form (#1000922). I checked the website daily and left over 12 phone calls (216-267-3134) for someone at the Cleveland location to contact me. I was instructed that the only person handling the lost and found at that location was a person by the name of Becky Grzesik.

I left several messages with staff members (Lisa, Patrick, Heather to name a few) to have Ms. Grzesik contact me regarding my lost item. I never received a return phone call. Each time I called (at all hours of the day), Ms.

Grzesik was either in a meeting, or not available. She never bothered to call me back. I contacted the corporate office for lost and found and was told that the only thing they can do is send her an email. They have sent 2-3 emails to this facility and person and still I have not heard anything regarding my lost item.

Today, I was given 2 additional names of contact people which also failed to resolve my issue (Bill O Gorman & Ray Maclawsor -spelling?). Of course, no one was available to speak with me and no one returned any of my calls. On the lost & found item web site there is a item that meets the description of my item, but it is a different car. Customer service at lost and found 800# could not help me because it as a "prius" that the item was found in and not the Kia that I rented.

I found it odd that it was the exact description of what I lost, but the person on the phone could not give me even a description of that item in the Prius. Is this excellent customer service? I contacted customer service at the "urgent request" number above (1-800-800-5252) and was place on hold for 20 minutes then was transferred to a "reservation agent" wanting to make a reservation for a car rental! Horrible Customer Service.

I will NEVER rent again with Dollar!

Dr.Patrick Brandon

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of dollar rent a car car rental and associated monetary loss in the amount of $700. Dollar Rent A Car needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dollar rent a car car rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar Rent A Car.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

Try to contact the Hertz city manager (they own Dollar).Not sure if you rented from a Dollar corporate location or an agency.

It doesn't matter, the city manager should get an email from you.

Inconsequential damage of $700 is never going to be paid.Rental car agencies cannot be responsible for items left in cars.

still waiting to hear back from Dollar we left a birth certificate in a car we rented .I filled out a lost form till this day no word from them.

Still waiting to hear regarding leaving my prescription glasses in rental car left at Key West Airport, which is not on the list of drop off places or lost and found so I filled out the form for customer service and have heard nothing.