Counter agent said Dollar only had full-size.Stepped away from counter to try and reserve online because agent said it would be less expensive that way.

Online didn't work. Next was told they only had minivans. Rented from another company not wanting to pay for an unnecessary minivan. When going to get my car, I saw Dollar had 50 cars at 7pm in Harlingen on a Monday.

Went back to complain and agent said he had 20 reservations coming in and the remaining cars were in for maintenance.

What a crock!(Pics show the entire row of rental cars at 7 pm in Harlingen, Texas)

Review about: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

Had similar experience.Found out that Dollar agents get a portion of every extra, upgrade, and add-on they are able to sell.

What a dumb policy!

No wonder there are so many complaints against Dollar for misrepresentation and overreaching.

Dollar Rent A Car (complaint) – Daylight Robbery Dollar Rent A Car "Just to make it clear, we made our car rental reservation through a third party company called Booking Group (known as bookinggroup.com or economybookings.com). When troubles started Dollar blamed everything..." Read more Global Car Rental will left me stranded after midnight with my child Global Car Rental "After leaving work, I arrived at Global Auto Rental on Monday, April 17, 2017 around 4:30pm. I requested a spacious vehicle and was informed about and directed to a Town..." Read more Enterprise Rent A Car - Getting nowhere with Enterprise Rent-A-Car on Credit due to me . Enterprise Rent A Car "I rented a car from Enterprise Rent-A-Car satelitte office located at 9210 N. Cave Creek Rd, in Phoenix Arizona on June 22, 2017. On June 23rd, 2017 I returned my..." Read more Green Motion - The Worst, Scam  rental car in Iceland Green Motion " I went to Iceland with my family for a quick 5 day vacation for Labor Day weekend this summer. After getting picked up at the airport and being ferried..." Read more Upjerseys Ttjerseys Com - BAD all the way Upjerseys Ttjerseys Com "I just needed a jersey for Sundays at work, since I'm not a football fun, so I didn't wanna pay a fortune. On this website the price was $22, but..." Read more Dresslily - Wrong Color and it came to me Tangle Dresslily " This item came to me it's a ugly color it was tangled and I needed replaced I've been trying to call but no one is answering so now I'm..." Read more Gifttree - Terrible service, embarrassing product! Gifttree "Gifttree provides terrible service and a completely embarrassing product! I wish I had read the reviews before ordering flowers for my mom's birthday through this company! I paid extra to..." Read more Brighter Image Lab - Misused photos & go fund me account Brighter Image Lab "Back in 2015, I was searching for option cheaper than having all my teeth removed and getting an upper denture. I sent in a phone and a testimonial to these..." Read more