Harlingen, Texas

Counter agent said Dollar only had full-size.Stepped away from counter to try and reserve online because agent said it would be less expensive that way.

Related: Dollar Rent A Car - RENTAL RECORD N.z12444820

Online didn't work. Next was told they only had minivans. Rented from another company not wanting to pay for an unnecessary minivan. When going to get my car, I saw Dollar had 50 cars at 7pm in Harlingen on a Monday.

Went back to complain and agent said he had 20 reservations coming in and the remaining cars were in for maintenance.

What a crock!(Pics show the entire row of rental cars at 7 pm in Harlingen, Texas)

Review about: Car Rental.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $35
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

Had similar experience.Found out that Dollar agents get a portion of every extra, upgrade, and add-on they are able to sell.

What a dumb policy!

No wonder there are so many complaints against Dollar for misrepresentation and overreaching.

Green Motion - Rip Off Scam artists Green Motion "Let the Buyer, or in this case the Renter beware. They claim they are a relatively cheap car rental company. Hah! First of all, my car which was supposed to..." Read more Dollar Rent A Car - Rented a car, paid twice as much as my secured quote! Dollar Rent A Car "Hiring a car online through Dollar rental was easy. The rest of my experience extremely distressing. Upon booking online, using their website I Secured a 'city special deal' for my 28..." Read more Dollar Rent A Car (complaint) – Daylight Robbery Dollar Rent A Car "Just to make it clear, we made our car rental reservation through a third party company called Booking Group (known as bookinggroup.com or economybookings.com). When troubles started Dollar blamed everything..." Read more Enterprise Rent A Car - ENTERPRISE FALSE HAIL DAMAGE CLAIMS Enterprise Rent A Car "In May of 2014, through the recommendation of my insurance co., I rented a car from Enterprise while my car was being repaired. When I picked up the vehicle,..." Read more Plentyoffish - OK  I have  tired  to reset  my  password several  times no  response  there  are  at  least  Plentyoffish "I have tried to reset my password several times. Good luck no response. There are 2 or 3p people who would like to talk to me if you are in..." Read more Etihad Airways - Missing my cabin language Etihad Airways "On May 17th 2017, in EY 271 Fly from chennai - abuthabi,i miss my red safari box type cabin language inside the flight itself, in my cabin language i have..." Read more Swagway - Purchased for Christmas. My son had ridden his x2 hover board a total of maybe 2 hours. Swagway "My son has not been rough on his board. He has ridden it outside twice and both times it started going crazy, beeping and throwing him off. I contacted Swagway..." Read more Gearbest - The best service Gearbest "The photo is from the most recent purchase, but I have already made more than 30 orders with many products. All products are quality, and even if you have a..." Read more