Reserved car through Travelocity.com and purchased car rental insurance through Travelocity.com, too.At the Dollar counter, I was asked to sign the agreement for collision car insurance.

I assumed that it is the same insurance booked through Travelocity. When I returned the car, I had intended to discuss the discrepancy with the agent, but the Dollar counter was closed. When I called to resolve the matter on 9/5/17, I was told by "corporate Dollar" does not manage Independent Dollar Owners and I needed to call Dollar in Salt Lake City, UT. At the time of rental I was asked, "I see you have collision insurance?," thinking that it's the car rental insurance through Travelocity, I signed the agreement.

When back at my hotel, I noticed the discrepancy and planned to resolve it when I returned the car. I was told that I signed their contract for "their" insurance. I contend that Dollar failed to explain to me the difference. SLC Manager--independent Owner refused to grant my request for a credit $85.45.

I think it a travesty that corporately Hertz allows Dollar to gouge customers.This was my first and my last time using Dollar.

Review about: Dollar Rent A Car Car Rental Booking.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments