Reserved a car at Istanbul airport; received auto-email stating they were ready and "looking forward to my arrival" but upon arrival the counter personnel acted as if they had no idea what was going on.The process to receive the car was the longest I have ever had to wait.

I understand that some of this was because of different license, passport, etc., but still painfully slow. Furthermore, I had reserved a mid-size, but received a smaller, economy car and charged the same price. Never had a downgrade in my rental car experiences either. They brought the car to me with an empty fuel tank -- strike three -- forcing me to guess at how much fuel I needed to get back to the airport, which of course was inaccurate.

So, they got much more fuel in the vehicle than they provided me. Where I come from that is dishonest and unethical. When you rent from a company, you expect to get what you pay for, but in this instance Dollar gave much less and actually took from its customer. After complaining about the downgrade I did receive a partial refund, but why should I have to do that?

If they didn't have a mid-size, it should have reflected on the initial reservation and they should have explained that to me upon arrival and provided the refund at that time.I doubt if I will rent from them again.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of dollar rent a car car rental. Dollar Rent A Car needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dollar rent a car car rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar Rent A Car.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments