I rent a lot of cars and when it includes an EZ pass or toll plate I expect that the tolls will be billed to my account at cost.

Not so with Dollar rental car, at least the car I rented at Sanford Airport in Orlando in December 2015. The car was equipped with 3 Florida toll devices, including Plate Pass, Sun Pass and one other. After confirming the tolls were covered I drove the car.

No problem, the bill was what I expected when I turned the car in. Then I was surprised to get the toll bills through separate mails written up as though they were violations. The tolls were for a total of $35.50. The surprise was the $210.00 administration fee. (which is of itself a violation of this latest Dollar scam. The documents say that a total administration fee would not exceed $105.00, there was no explanation why my tolls were separated into two documents for one rental.)

Upon calling the resolution center, I was told that I had not purchased the toll pay option. I was never offered a toll pay option as I am a preferred customer and go straight to the vehicle. They said they would forego some of the administrative fees if I purchased the toll pay package for an additional $46 and change. This is just a scam not fully resolved, but buyer beware - Dollar is scamming again.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue at Dollar Rent A Car. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Dollar Rent A Car to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dollar Rent A Car dollar rent a car for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments

Knightdale, North Carolina, United States #1100530

We had the same problem in San Francisco. This is a major scam.