Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I have rented a car from JFK on 8/17/15 and returned it to Hartford, CT on 8/18/15.I was very happy with the rate of $60.27.

When I picked up the car from JFK, the lady at the counter was extremely rude and was coughing constantly. I think she was sick, which she should have stayed home instead of exposing other people with her sickness. However, that does not excuse a dismissive attitude and not being friendly. I let it go and said nothing.

On the way out of the gate, the lady at the gate had a pout on her face and did not want to be there, but at least she said thank you! Then we returned the car to Hartford, CT, 26 minutes early. The people were pleasant there. Today I received my statement and noticed that Dollar rental had charged me over $210.

I called the company and they said it was because there was some dog hair in the back. All we have done is pick our dogs up at the kennel and bring them home very quick. The lady said the charges were because there were no dogs allowed in the car and if I read my rental policy, it should be there. I have looked it over many times in the rental paper and your website and have seen no such thing.

If I knew such a policy existed, I would have never have had my dogs in the car. I think the charges are steep and unfair. It is not like the car was damaged or anyone was smoking in the car. If I knew a few dog hairs were an issue, I would have vacuumed the car myself prior to returning it.

I have rented many cars from many different companies over the years and have never been treated like this in my life.I will never be using your company ever again, nor will I recommend it to anyone.

This person wrote the review because of "poor customer service, pricing issue, and not as describe" at Dollar Rent A Car. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $150 and wants Dollar Rent A Car to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was quality of staff or vehicles, staff, being overcharged and payed more than agreed. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dollar Rent A Car and dollar rent a car car rental for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Dollar Rent A Car?

Comments